What are the most important things you can do to look after your teeth at any age
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for a minimum of two minutes – ask your dentist or hygienist to show you how to do it properly. You would be amazed how many people don’t!
- Clean between your teeth with interdental brushes, picks or floss every day. Brushing alone cleans only 60% of the surface of your teeth
- Use a mouthwash to promote fresh breath and choose one containing an antibacterial ingredient to help prevent gum disease
- Chew sugar free gum to stimulate saliva production
- If your budget will allow invest in an electric toothbrush – they are more effective at removing plaque than manual brushes
Visit your dentist and hygienist as often as they recommend